Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Picnic in the Buttes...


Well, it took me long enough... I finally took the time to get the pictures off my camera from the lovely picnic in the Sutter Buttes that my daughter and I went to on Saturday on my cousin's ranch on the eastern side of the buttes. Our picnic table was a flat bed trailer that was pulled up to the picnic site by a tractor. We had a nice "bonfire" to roast hot dogs and marshmallows over. Unfortunately there weren't many wild flowers in bloom, but we had a lovely time anyway! It was fun to spend time with the family. We spent the whole afternoon up there... Until a huge black cloud settled over the Buttes, the wind came up and sent us scrambling to get everything gathered up while a shower pelted us with a few raindrops...

Earlier, though, my 4 year old grandson had a ball climbing rocks and exploring the area around the picnic site. He wasn't very cooperative about smiling for the camera though. He was more anxious to be off running across the rocky hillsides.
















Here's some of the few wildflowers that we found in bloom... Right at the base of the rock my grandson chose to "pose" on...













Here's the little man "helping" one of his cousins walk back up the hill to the picnic.

No comments: