- Victim: Kathleen "Kacie" Barron
- Defendant: Mario H. Lozano
- Place: Placerville, El Dorado County, Superior Court Dept No. 2
- Judge: Honorable Eddie T. Keller
- Prosecution: Deputy District Attorney Dale R. Gomes
- Defense: Deputy Public Defender Michael N. Atwell
Kacie's family are attending the trial every day. I'll add their names into a list of sorts once I know who they all are. The only one I've met was her brother Pat Barron, and that was years ago at my brother's wedding. Her brother, Pat, her father, Lee Barron, her mother and her stepfather will be there every day. My brother (Chaplainlimeygene) will also be attending and he will also be posting his observations of the proceedings here on the blog.
Along with the information that my brother will post, I'll be pulling information from news sources when I can find them. I found an article this morning that I hadn't seen yet from March 27th at the following link:
Murder Suspect Caught Here Goes to Trial in Placerville.
This article is from a reporter from the area where Mario was found and arrested about 2 months after Kacie was murdered. The article also includes a photo of Mario that is very different from the one published last Monday in the Placerville paper. He's not quite as "scary looking".