Sunday, February 10, 2008

World of Warcraft - Movies!

I mentioned in a previous post that one of the things I do for fun is play a game called World of Warcraft. Well, along with playing the game, I get a kick out of watching what some talented people do with the game. Ever heard of "machinima"? A simple explanation is that machinima is the end result of people playing a game and combining the game play with film recording software to produce movies... I've watched a lot of the movies that have been produced with World of Warcraft. Movies with story lines, movies that are essentially music videos, comedies, etc. I thought I'd post a few of my favorite "music video" type machinima... Maybe later I'll see about putting a few of the story line movies in here....

Here's a few favorites of mine... First up is one called "Beer for my Horses".


Another favorite is one called "Big Blue Dress". It was produced by the same fellow that did the one above.


And yet another favorite music video of mine... Ballad of the Noob...


Saved my most favorite for last. Do you remember a while back when a funny video hit the internet of a fellow lip-syncing to a song called Numa Numa? Well, one of the film making groups that play WoW made a video for the song in the game. Check it out:


Here's the "Original" video for the "numa numa" song. The band is called O-Zone and the real of the song is "Dragosta Din Tei".


If you've run across any really good music videos made in World of Warcraft, post a comment and let me know! I'd love to watch!

1 comment: