Friday, May 16, 2008

Summer? In May?

Well, we had our first 100 degree day yesterday and it looks like we'll be having a few more of them over the next few days. According to one of the online weather sites we're supposed to hit 104 degrees today. I don't think I'll be doing much of anything outside today. I'm sure glad that my landlord got the new air conditioner installed before the heat hit.

Today is the sentencing hearing for Mario Lozano. My brother has said that he will be at the hearing and hopefully we'll hear soon after what the judge has decided. If I remember correctly the hearing is at 3pm this afternoon.

According to the local paper, The Appeal Democrat, there was another accident on one of the 2 lane highways around here. And another fatality. A man in a pickup truck crossed into the oncoming lane and slammed head-on into a Hummer. The man in the pickup died and the woman in the Hummer suffered major injuries. There was a third car, a silver Honda, involved in the accident as well, but the driver of that vehicle only suffered minor injuries. According to the article, they don't know yet why the driver of the pickup crossed into the opposing lane. I'm wondering if the guy in the pickup was another of those idiot drivers in a hurry and was trying to pass the Honda....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's now 5:25pm. I'm dying of suspense, waiting for the news of the Lozano sentancing. Nothing yet in the Mountain Dem.

Anakerie said...

lol, I'm anxiously awaiting my brother's post about today too... I so hope he puts the sentence up on here tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I posted so late, it took awhile to clear my thoughts and decide what to post first. The Mountain Democrat was there and a photographer took several pictures of Mario. Hope Anonymous can forward the article and you can post whatever new photo they use.

Anakerie said...

Its ok, Gene.. I can definitely understand you're needing to clear your thoughts. I hope we can get copies of what the Mt. Democrat puts up too... I'll check their website this morning and see if anything is on their front page.